We turned Beckford down

A place to talk about all things Leeds United and any random bollocks

Moderator: Belwhites

We turned Beckford down

Postby Sonic on Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:41 pm

Wonder how true this is !!

Who would have had him back ? I'm not sure I wanted him back.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

LUFC Bates turns down Beckford twice this season

Tweet Leeds United chairman Ken Bates says the club twice turned down the opportunity to sign former striker Jermaine Beckford this season.

Beckford left Leeds in the summer of 2010 to join Premier League side Everton after coming to the end of his Elland Road contract.

He stayed with the Merseyside club for just one season before making a big money move to fellow championship side Leicester City in August.

Bates says he was twice offered Beckford this season but he decided against resigning the player who scored 85 times for Leeds in 3 seasons.

Speaking on Yorkshire Radio, Bates said, "He was offered to us to come back on a permanent basis on two occasions this season but we declined because we want to move forward."

Beckford will make his first return to Elland Road this weekend with Leicester following his departure from Leeds.

The striker scored the crucial goal against Bristol Rovers on the final day of the season in his final game for Leeds that earned the club promotion back to the Championship.

Beckford also scored the only goal of the game against Scumchester United in the FA Cup at Old Trafford in the same season that secured Leeds their first win across the Pennines in 29 years.

After a slow start to his Leicester career, he has now netted on 15 occasions for the foxes this season, including one against West Ham last Monday.

Read more: http://www.leeds.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=280556#ixzz1t4wFtElC

Sonic
First Team

Re: We turned Beckford down

Postby leedshippriest on Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:15 pm

What a cunt Bates is
We're not Galatasaray We're Leeds United F.C
http://leechapmanssofa.wordpress.com/category/leeds-hippriest/
leedshippriest
LUFC Dissident

Postby neilleeds on Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:42 pm

move forward,kasper out,lonergan in,gradel out fkin ted rogers in,now talk of that filthy kunt from doncaster,leeds united is fkin dead,its fkin gone,bates united.
neilleeds
Reserve Team

Postby leedshippriest on Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:43 pm

"I shall not rest until Leeds United are kicked out of the football league. Their fans are the scum of the earth, absolute animals and a disgrace. I will do everything in my power to make sure this happens."

Ken Bates 1984
We're not Galatasaray We're Leeds United F.C
http://leechapmanssofa.wordpress.com/category/leeds-hippriest/
leedshippriest
LUFC Dissident

Postby neilleeds on Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:46 pm

true to his word hes fkin done it.
leeds fans rolled over by a kunt,hate to say it,fkin gutless,we are all fkin gutless,hold our heads in shame.
neilleeds
Reserve Team

Postby spawhite on Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:22 am

If Bates was going to announce something like that he`d have done it on bates radio. That will be some fooker fucking about and vital got hooked. Saying that he is a kunt though.

FUCK OFF BATES.
spawhite
100% Leodian
First Team

Return to Ups N Downs