warnocks reputation,

A place to talk about all things Leeds United and any random bollocks

Moderator: Belwhites

warnocks reputation,

Postby corkwhite on Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:05 pm

im the first to acknowledge that colin needs to build his own side and deserves
to be given funds to do so,
but i wonder if we had appointed bruce or mccarthy and had only taken 12pts from 36
would we be so patient, dont get me wrong this is not a warnock out shout,
but are we placing faith in him because of his record at getting teams promoted,
corkwhite
Trialist

Re: warnocks reputation,

Postby grgck__ on Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:53 pm

NW started out brightly but the results of late have been poor, i think we all acknowledge that our players are crap in general and so are prepared to give NW the summer to put his stamp on the team.

Agree we are cutting him more slack than some other managers might get but you can't really argue with NW's record as a promotion getting manager.

Can't wait for all the wheeling and dealing ahead this summer :D
grgck__
arsehole

Highscores: 10

Postby Lufc76Cor on Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:35 pm

I think we all knew how shit our side was before Warnock came in and that it would've taken a miracle to get us in the play offs, so the expectancy levels were never that high in the first place
Lufc76Cor
Exi's Grandson

Highscores: 2

Postby Sonic on Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:49 pm

I think you are right about 12 from 36 being sacking form but I don't think winning the games were ever the real target, Colin did not really think we would reach the play offs and I think his focus changed to sorting out the team and preparing for next season. He must have had Bates on his side with this attitude !

Sonic
First Team

Postby sham75 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:26 pm

You've got to wonder what the players must think when he comes out in public and say's what he thinks of them even if he didn't mention any names as such.
He's also made it quite clear to us all about who he likes so it's got have some sort of effect on moral.

Anyway, I agree with him, why pander to the fuckers and arse lick Sg's boys? they've given us fuck all back on the whole no matter how much we sing and shout, 90% of them need to fuck off out of Leeds right quick!
sham75
First Team

Highscores: 8

Return to Ups N Downs