The Fab Four

A place to talk about all things Leeds United and any random bollocks

Moderator: Belwhites

The Fab Four

Postby sham75 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:37 pm

New contract offers going to:

1.Snodgrass (offer to make him highest paid player at club)
2.Clayton
3.White
4.Ross

Well there's the only three I would want to see wearing a Leeds shirt in the first team next season,as for White I'm a bit surprised and think he would be better suited to the Olympics as a sprinter maybe.

Mind you, nobody say's that their going to accept these offers :roll:

Thoughts ???
sham75
First Team

Highscores: 8

Re: The Fab Four

Postby Lufc76Cor on Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:07 pm

Agree about White, definitley keep Ross and the other two would need a serious kick up the arse, Snoddy goes of the boil far too often but on his day can win a game for you, Clayton needs to find that early season form and on a consistent basis
Lufc76Cor
Exi's Grandson

Highscores: 2

Postby benss on Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:55 pm

I would keep clayton, lees, snoddy, becchio and mcormack. White i would keep if we can't get anyone else with pace cos we desparately need some pace in the team.
In my opinion snoddy has struggled to be as effective for large parts of the season cos a) at the start he looked as if he couldn't care less (sulking cos he didn't get a move to the prem?) and b) when he did start showing more of his true form late autumn Howson was also in the team. We then lost howson to injury then to norwich which leads me to c) snoddy has been about the only creative player we have and is easily marked out of a game.

At least when our midfield/front line had gradel, snoddy, howson and becchio supported by usually johnson and doyle it was a far more effective attack than anything we currently have. Just shows how far we have gone backwards i suppose.
benss
Reserve Team

Postby Belwhites on Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:10 pm

White always had potential don't know if he will ever come good
Belwhites
millionaire

Postby neilleeds on Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:13 pm

the fab four.
the four nails in bates coffin.
neilleeds
Reserve Team

Postby Lufc76Cor on Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:19 pm

Belwhites wrote:White always had potential don't know if he will ever come good

It's better coaching is all he's ever needed, if a player has that speed and hardly any skill to go with it then surely any manager or member of coaching staff should know that they need to work on that part of a players game, but up until now thats obviously never happened, but it's not too young at his age
Lufc76Cor
Exi's Grandson

Postby Belwhites on Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:26 pm

Lufc76Cor wrote:
Belwhites wrote:White always had potential don't know if he will ever come good

It's better coaching is all he's ever needed, if a player has that speed and hardly any skill to go with it then surely any manager or member of coaching staff should know that they need to work on that part of a players game, but up until now thats obviously never happened, but it's not too young at his age

Yep typical of our set up that Leeds see the potential but it takes another club to make anything of it
Belwhites
millionaire

Postby stannswhite on Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:01 pm

benss wrote:I would keep clayton, lees, snoddy, becchio and mcormack. White i would keep if we can't get anyone else with pace cos we desparately need some pace in the team.
In my opinion snoddy has struggled to be as effective for large parts of the season cos a) at the start he looked as if he couldn't care less (sulking cos he didn't get a move to the prem?) and b) when he did start showing more of his true form late autumn Howson was also in the team. We then lost howson to injury then to norwich which leads me to c) snoddy has been about the only creative player we have and is easily marked out of a game.

At least when our midfield/front line had gradel, snoddy, howson and becchio supported by usually johnson and doyle it was a far more effective attack than anything we currently have. Just shows how far we have gone backwards i suppose.

spot on there benss,agree with all you have said. 8-) .

couldnt we try white at fullback,or is that a definate no. :?: .
stannswhite
First Team

Postby Sonic on Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:25 am

Keep all 4 if we can. Think Snoddy will be better in a competitive team, especially as captain from the start of the season.

White is a great prospect in my eyes and I would definately keep him, it's easy to forget how young he still is.

Sonic
First Team

Postby Lufc76Cor on Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:55 pm

Sonic wrote:Keep all 4 if we can. Think Snoddy will be better in a competitive team, especially as captain from the start of the season.

White is a great prospect in my eyes and I would definately keep him, it's easy to forget how young he still is.

Yes Sonic he is still very young and plenty of time ahead but he needs the right coaching and up until before WArnocks arrival he has'nt had that, hopefully thats all about to change
Lufc76Cor
Exi's Grandson

Return to Ups N Downs