Jason Pearce

A place to talk about all things Leeds United and any random bollocks

Moderator: Belwhites

Jason Pearce

Postby leedshippriest on Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:22 pm

Jason Pearce will lead an exodus from crisis-club Portsmouth after their relegation to League One was confirmed.

The centre-back will join Leeds this summer and Pompey boss Michael Appleton expects midfielder Joel Ward and out-of-contract defender Ricardo Rocha to follow.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Leeds-bound-Jason-Pearce-heads-Portsmouth-exodus-article894249.html
We're not Galatasaray We're Leeds United F.C
http://leechapmanssofa.wordpress.com/category/leeds-hippriest/
leedshippriest
LUFC Dissident

Re: Jason Pearce

Postby sham75 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:27 pm

Any Good ?

Don't know owt about him really.
sham75
First Team

Highscores: 8

Postby leedshippriest on Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:28 pm

Me neither, was hoping we have a closet Championship boffin who could fill us in
We're not Galatasaray We're Leeds United F.C
http://leechapmanssofa.wordpress.com/category/leeds-hippriest/
leedshippriest
LUFC Dissident

Postby sham75 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:33 pm

The centre-back will join Leeds this summer and Pompey boss Michael Appleton expects midfielder Joel Ward and out-of-contract defender Ricardo Rocha to follow

You could easily read that as we are getting all three of the above but surely it doesn't mean that :!:
sham75
First Team

Highscores: 8

Postby Sonic on Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:44 am

All the comments I have heard about him are good one, consistent performer.

Sonic
First Team

Postby Lufc76Cor on Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:43 pm

Sonic wrote:All the comments I have heard about him are good one, consistent performer.

If so then good, and i suppose we'll have to trust Warnock on this one, but like the rest i've never heard of him
Lufc76Cor
Exi's Grandson

Highscores: 2

Postby Sonic on Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:13 pm

If Paul Lambert at Norwich is interested, I would say the guy is worth having in the team. Lambert has done well at Norwich and looks to have a good eye for the right player.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Portsmouth duo in Lambert's sights
Norwich City, 10:32, April 25, 2012

Norwich City are interested in Portsmouth defensive duo Joel Ward and Jason Pearce after scouting the pair on Saturday.

Canaries boss Paul Lambert sent his top spy to Fratton Park to check on the young centre-back pairing as he eyes potential bargains in the summer transfer window.
Pompey are expected to lose players again this year after their relegation to the Championship was confirmed by their 2-1 home defeat to Derby County.
Pearce, who has made 43 starts in the Championship this season, cost just £400,000 from Bournemouth last summer and was last week named the local newspaper's Player of the Year.
Leeds United, Burnley and Ipswich have also been linked to him but Norwich could offer a higher level of football for him next season.
The 24-year-old defender was linked with a free transfer to Leeds this week but he still has two years left on his Pompey contract.
Ward, 22, is another former Pompey youth team player who made his first-team breakthrough when they were in the Premier League two years ago.
Comfortable at the back or in midfield, Ward was the subject of a £1.5million joint bid from Ipswich in January but he refused to go to Portman Road.

http://www.clubcall.com/norwich-city/portsmouth-duo-in-lamberts-sights-1419556.html

Sonic
First Team

Postby Lufc76Cor on Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:03 pm

[quote="Sonic"]If Paul Lambert at Norwich is interested, I would say the guy is worth having in the team. Lambert has done well at Norwich and looks to have a good eye for the right player.

Well if Lambert is interested then that says enough :)
Lufc76Cor
Exi's Grandson

Highscores: 2

Postby spawhite on Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:19 am

Lufc76Cor wrote:
Sonic wrote:If Paul Lambert at Norwich is interested, I would say the guy is worth having in the team. Lambert has done well at Norwich and looks to have a good eye for the right player.

Well if Lambert is interested then that says enough :)

Yep he`ll probably be a canary next season.
spawhite
100% Leodian
First Team

Return to Ups N Downs