Boys Pen

A place to talk about all things Leeds United and any random bollocks

Moderator: Belwhites

Boys Pen

Postby leedshippriest on Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:47 pm

Own up then, which big girls blouses frequented the old boys pen ?

I went in once, I was totally skint, it just looked and felt gay, I imagined it would have the same atmosphere of the old schoolboy internationals, girlie high pitched screaming noises.

So I climbed straight into the Kop.

Nowadays some steward cunt would throw out any kid trying that.

We're Leeds and fucking proud
We're not Galatasaray We're Leeds United F.C
http://leechapmanssofa.wordpress.com/category/leeds-hippriest/
leedshippriest
LUFC Dissident

Re: Boys Pen

Postby sham75 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:57 pm

Yes, I can own up to been a proud member of the boys pen back in the day.

Never got the feeling it was a place for gays though, far from it.

We all jumped in to the kop, it was all part of the cheek we had and later on the Lowfields became a target.

A breeding ground for some loony Leeds fans would be an accurate description, looking back 8-)
sham75
First Team

Highscores: 8

Postby Leodisdude on Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:32 pm

All we did was pay for the boys pen & then just go up the steps for the back of the kop.
Don't think they cared where you stood. It was just somewhere for the kids if they wanted it.
Leodisdude
Gloit
Trialist

Postby wortleygirl on Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:04 pm

OMG you lot make me feel bloody old......back in the day the boys pen was in the bottom of the West Stand .

For you youngsters I'll explain the actual location...between the tunnel and the scoreboard, West Stand Lower where the away fans are now.. This of course was also next to the Scratching Shed (now named the South Stand)

I was only once in the boys pen and then only for 45 minutes...it was Wednesday 6th September 1967. Leeds United v Dynamo Zagreb, Fairs Cup Final 2nd leg. Final Score 0 - 0 on the night, 2 - 0 to Zagreb on aggregate :cry: :cry:

I started the night in the Shed, I was with my mate Jean and we were down the front of the Shed just behind the goal. Just before the end of the 1st half there was a surge and we were pretty much squashed against the wall...I was OK but my mate nearly passed out. We were pulled/shoved over the wall and taken down the tunnel where Jean went into "the medical room" I sat outside and waited. Was really chuffed 'cos when the team came out for the 2nd half they went right past where I was sat..got a few smiles and a couple of winks from the lads (and before you start the nudge nudge wink wink stuff I was only 15 and looked about 11 :P ) After what seemed like hours jean appeared and we were taken back down the tunnel and, much to my utter dismay, we were told to get in the boys pen for the rest of the game. I was not a Happy Girl at all.

But I must admit...when the final whistle went and what seemed like everybody ran onto the pitch, it was sooooo easy to get out of the pen and onto the pitch....where I ran straight to Billy as did what seemed like everyone else :lol: :lol:

I am glad to say I never ever went back into the boys pen...EVER :lol: :lol: :lol:
We are the outcast, the banished, the shunned.
The cheated, the punished, the feared.
The loathed and the lauded that nobody loves.
We are reviled but revered.
We are the beaten, we are the damned.
We are the team you all fear.
We Are LEEDS
wortleygirl
Avenging Angel

Postby stannswhite on Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:00 pm

NOT A FUCKING CHANCE MATE,scratching shed n kop for me,
no way was i a gay boys pen dweller,never not no how. :) .
stannswhite
First Team

Postby southstandboy on Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:16 am

Boyz Pen for me an over fence into KOP were served our HOLLIE apprenticship for a few years before floating around LOWFIELDS AND SOUTHSTAND with the old BLACK LION LOT and now been KING OF THE SOUTHSTAND [When i can afford to go]

UINITED UNITED UNITED
southstandboy
LUFC CASUAL LOCATION:BARNSLEY
Reserve Team

Postby Sonic on Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:48 am

leedshippriest wrote:Own up then, which big girls blouses frequented the old boys pen ?

I went in once, I was totally skint, it just looked and felt gay, I imagined it would have the same atmosphere of the old schoolboy internationals, girlie high pitched screaming noises.

So I climbed straight into the Kop.

Nowadays some steward cunt would throw out any kid trying that.

We're Leeds and fucking proud

So what's your excuse for looking gay now then priest ? :lol:

Sonic
First Team

Postby spawhite on Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:42 pm

sham75 wrote:Yes, I can own up to been a proud member of the boys pen back in the day.

We all jumped in to the kop, it was all part of the cheek we had and later on the Lowfields became a target.

A breeding ground for some loony Leeds fans would be an accurate description, looking back 8-)

Same here Sham. It was the low price entrance to the Kop.
spawhite
100% Leodian
First Team

Postby sham75 on Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:34 pm

spawhite wrote:
sham75 wrote:Yes, I can own up to been a proud member of the boys pen back in the day.

Some folk don't have a fucking clue tho Spa, the boys pen was the breeding ground for some of the most notorious football hooligans this country has ever seen.

They were all bent and gay tho :lol: :lol: :lol: ffs
sham75
First Team

Highscores: 8

Postby Lufc76Cor on Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:49 pm

wortleygirl wrote:OMG you lot make me feel bloody old......back in the day the boys pen was in the bottom of the West Stand .

For you youngsters I'll explain the actual location...between the tunnel and the scoreboard, West Stand Lower where the away fans are now.. This of course was also next to the Scratching Shed (now named the South Stand)

I was only once in the boys pen and then only for 45 minutes...it was Wednesday 6th September 1967. Leeds United v Dynamo Zagreb, Fairs Cup Final 2nd leg. Final Score 0 - 0 on the night, 2 - 0 to Zagreb on aggregate :cry: :cry:

I started the night in the Shed, I was with my mate Jean and we were down the front of the Shed just behind the goal. Just before the end of the 1st half there was a surge and we were pretty much squashed against the wall...I was OK but my mate nearly passed out. We were pulled/shoved over the wall and taken down the tunnel where Jean went into "the medical room" I sat outside and waited. Was really chuffed 'cos when the team came out for the 2nd half they went right past where I was sat..got a few smiles and a couple of winks from the lads (and before you start the nudge nudge wink wink stuff I was only 15 and looked about 11 :P ) After what seemed like hours jean appeared and we were taken back down the tunnel and, much to my utter dismay, we were told to get in the boys pen for the rest of the game. I was not a Happy Girl at all.

But I must admit...when the final whistle went and what seemed like everybody ran onto the pitch, it was sooooo easy to get out of the pen and onto the pitch....where I ran straight to Billy as did what seemed like everyone else :lol: :lol:

I am glad to say I never ever went back into the boys pen...EVER :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now thats a lovely story worts, Jean came up trumps that day and thankfully on a positive note, feel free to share more memories of those days
Lufc76Cor
Exi's Grandson

Highscores: 2

Postby Leodisdude on Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:25 am

I remember going to see us play Man U on the last day of the 79/80 season with my 12 year old cousin & we were in the boys pen as I was only 10.

Scum had thousands in the Lowfields & they had an outside chance of winning the title. We beat them 2-0 & there was a hail of missiles flying from the kop to the Lowfield & back. Of course the boys pen was right in the firing line & my cousin got hit on the head with a stone which split his head open & he had to go to the St Johns ambulance. So not always the safest part of the ground for kids :(
Leodisdude
Gloit
Trialist

Postby spawhite on Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:34 am

sham75 wrote:
spawhite wrote:

Some folk don't have a fucking clue tho Spa, the boys pen was the breeding ground for some of the most notorious football hooligans this country has ever seen.

They were all bent and gay tho :lol: :lol: :lol: ffs

Boys Pen first fuckers on the pitch charging the opposition and first one`s to meet the opposition on the pitch....that`s why I used to go to the back of the Kop and to avoid the streams off piss running down the kop steps :lol:
spawhite
100% Leodian
First Team

Return to Ups N Downs