Terry Connor

A place to talk about all things Leeds United and any random bollocks

Moderator: Belwhites

Terry Connor

Postby sham75 on Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:49 pm

I remember Terry Connor when he came through the ranks and made it into our first team at Leeds as a young lad.

There was one game in particular that i remember!

We were playing udders in the League cup at home and it meant everything to me personally as i was the only one in my year at school that went to Elland Road to watch Leeds, there were a couple of others that wore the shirt but never went and the rest were Town fans.

We lost 0.1 and didn't get a blatant penalty award but when the final whistle went I stood looking at Conner from my position in the boys pen and saw a the tears rolling down his face as he clapped his hands above his head thanking the Gelder and feeling the hurt as a Leeds born lad.

I remember you Terry lad and "unlucky" today fella!
sham75
First Team

Highscores: 8

Terry Connor

Postby leedshippriest on Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:01 pm

He might be Leeds, but he's not Managerial material.

Big cock up by Wolves getting rid of McCarthy, he might have had an outside chance or turning things around.

Connor always looked out of his depth.

We're Leeds and fucking proud
We're not Galatasaray We're Leeds United F.C
http://leechapmanssofa.wordpress.com/category/leeds-hippriest/
leedshippriest
LUFC Dissident

Re: Terry Connor

Postby sham75 on Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:09 pm

leedshippriest wrote:He might be Leeds, but he's not Managerial material.

Big cock up by Wolves getting rid of McCarthy, he might have had an outside chance or turning things around.

Agreed priest.

McCarthy is a likeable fucker although i often wonder how he motivates players with his oh so laid back approach.

Connor is just the everyday bloke that you wish could do the job, not to mention he's Leeds through and through, no doubt about it!

They say he was a better cricketer than a footballer :shock:
sham75
First Team

Postby Gelderdbootboy on Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:17 pm

I was at the game when he made his debut came on as a sub and scored the winner against WBA and remember when he used to queue up for the bus outside the ground after games and training to get back home - A cracking lad but he should have left with McCarthy cos taking it on as done him no favours in the managerial world
Gelderdbootboy
First Team Coach
LUFC Moron

Highscores: 4

Postby sham75 on Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:26 pm

Gelderdbootboy wrote:I was at the game when he made his debut came on as a sub and scored the winner against WBA and remember when he used to queue up for the bus outside the ground after games and training to get back home - A cracking lad but he should have left with McCarthy cos taking it on as done him no favours in the managerial world

I was at that one too Gb and also when Aidan Butterworth, Scott Sellers and the rest got their first starts, Martin Dickinson,Neil Aspin, and the likes.

A bunch of Leeds players that will stay with me to the grave.

All around the introduction of the sponsored shirt, RFW, Lion Cabinets, and all that, where the fuck has time gone ???
sham75
First Team

Postby grgck__ on Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:07 pm

Never even knew he played for Leeds :oops: :oops:

The burden of youth ;)

Seems a likeable chap but didn't have a chance of keeping Wolves up.
grgck__
arsehole

Highscores: 10

Postby leedshippriest on Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:08 pm

sham75 wrote:

Agreed priest.

McCarthy is a likeable fucker although i often wonder how he motivates players with his oh so laid back approach.

Connor is just the everyday bloke that you wish could do the job, not to mention he's Leeds through and through, no doubt about it!

I dare say some of our current crop are too, they have to be, they're shite at football
We're not Galatasaray We're Leeds United F.C
http://leechapmanssofa.wordpress.com/category/leeds-hippriest/
leedshippriest
LUFC Dissident

Postby sham75 on Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:39 pm

leedshippriest wrote:
sham75 wrote:

Agreed priest.

I dare say some of our current crop are too, they have to be, they're shite at football

I wanna laugh Priest but when I think about it I just want to spew.

Watching the honesty of people like Terry Connor reflects on the way he played for us "Honest" and it's not possible to compare the shite that we have turned out in recent years,"what a pile of shit"!

Bring back the endevour of players like Connor, Baird and the likes for me, I'll pay for that!
sham75
First Team

Postby Sonic on Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:03 pm

Think Wolves would have stayed up without the sacking of McCarthy, stupid decision.

Conner had no idea really, wasn't his fault though.

Sonic
First Team

Postby sham75 on Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:47 pm

A MUST WATCH!

Brings back some good memories this and for those who don't remember Terry Connor, Authur Graham and Eddie Gray as player manager just sit back and enjoy.

"We are Leeds" and always will be ;)

sham75
First Team

Postby spawhite on Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:29 am

Watched his post match interview on ssn felt for the lad. He held it back but he was heart broken,he nearly broke down a couple of times.
spawhite
100% Leodian
First Team

Return to Ups N Downs